Saturday 23 June 2012

Guest Post: SisterSpooky!!!


Here is another brilliant guest post by Laura over at www.sisterspooky.co.uk
It's her best YA books of the year so far. So sit back, read on and you might find a few books that haven't read yet...


My Top 10 YA books I've read in 2012 (so far)

So I read a lot of books and I thought I'd let you in on what I'd consider my Top Ten YA books that have come out in 2012 and I just simply LOVED.  They are in now order but if you have smart head on your shoulders then you'll buy 'em all!

Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti

A really interesting story about secret and lies in a family in Scotland that hunt the demons and evil in the world.  After Sarah Midnight's parents die she's left alone and in danger of being killed herself.  Who can she trust when her life has been forever about hidden truths.  A fantastic read and a super steamy couple.

Emma hearts LA by Keris Stainton*



I completely adore Keris and the way she writes.  This is a sort of follow up to her last book Jessie Hearts NYC but I loved this book even more because the main guy is a total geek and I'm a geek girl myself.  Fun and like a hug in a book form.

Geekhood by Andy Robb*

I've been going on and on about this book on my own blog for YONKS!  I think all my followers think I'm obsessed with the book but I knew I wanted to read it just from the title and it's SO funny and as a side note it was the first ever book I had one of my reviews quoted in (for reals! you can look in the book and I'm quoted!!!)  Andy Robb is a wickedly funny author and hits the nail on the head when it comes to geekery in contemporary fiction. 

Ash Mystery and the Savage Fortress by Sarwat Chadda*

I've read Sarwat's other books and so I knew he was a great writer but this book knocked me for six!  It's a younger YA target audience i believe but it made me want to vomit at the gory bits.  Funny, action packed and to quote Sarwat "KICK ASS".

Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Contemporary tear jerker with a awesome soundtrack.  DING DING DING! Utterly stunning book and I couldn't put it down.  After the suicide of June her younger sister, her BFF and a mystery boy that is linked with June go on a trip across country to sprinkle June's ashes and it's a journey of the heart and mind as well as across America.

Forgiven by Jana Oliver*

This is the 3rd in the Demon Trappers Daughter books and I'm a full on addict on this series.  Gritty and dirty Atlanta in the future is the setting for Demon warfare where Riley is a female demon trapper in a man's world and is stuck between an epic war between Heaven and Hell.  Plus Beck is one of the most SWOON-WORTHY fiction characters ever.  Jana is an evil genius.

Hollow Pike by James Dawson

Witches are going to make a big wave in YA and this is one of the books kicking off the trend as far as I can tell.  Set in the UK (wooo hoo) and has vibes of The Craft and Mean Girls mixed with the English creepy countryside I'd tell you to go and buy this for the DIVINE cover alone.

The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis

This is a bit of a wild card because I was sent it to review and had heard nothing about it or the author and it's actually a book originally published in German and was translated into English for the UK market.  If you ask anyone that knows me they'll tell you I'm not a gushy emotional type but this book made me cry.  It's a tough hard read and deals with strong issues of drugs, sexuality and violence but I would BEG anyone to read it.  Wonderfully written and it's just as tragic as Romeo and Juliet. 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer*

A futuristic retelling of Cinderella with androids.  I was in love from the off set.  Blending a world of tomorrow where Western worlds and Eastern have mixed and life is far more complex then it is today.  It really is Cinderella with a sci-fi twist and I LOVED IT.

Night School by C.J. Daugherty

When most YA tends to learn toward the supernatural or dystopian it was totally refreshing to read Night School and it be neither.  I won't tell you the twists and turns because it would spoil it but Night School is about a boarding school with so many secrets that I can only think the we've barely scratched the surface in book one and I can't wait for the next in the series.

Well I know what my next few book are going to be!! How about you guys? Leave a comment bellow to tell us your thoughts, or if you have any questions post those too!

A big Thank you goes out to Laura @sisterspooky for this fab post!!

All titles marked with * are available now in the Bluewater store.

See you next post :0)
Kaylie x

3 comments:

  1. There are some really interesting looking books here. I am particualry interested in Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti!

    Thanks Sister Spooky (Love your name!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura! It's absolutely brilliant to be one of your faves, and in such GREAT company! You made my day! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, write your thoughts down! :-)