Friday 29 June 2012

Introducing Darran

Here at the YABluewater blog we have a new face. Say a big hello to Darran Stobbart!! He will be doing some regular posts for us, the first of which will be posted in a few days. It's called D is for Dystopia, so make sure you check back in for that because its awesome!!
Here is a bit about Darran, that he has written to introduce himself....


Hi there!
My name’s Darran, I’m 24 years old & I’m the children’s bookseller for a branch of Waterstones in Northallerton, which is a small markettown in North Yorkshire, a job I love passionately. Which I have been in for just over a year and a half, after starting as a Christmas temp in 2010. I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember, and this has been greatlyinfluenced by my family from a very young age, especially my Mum who got me reading anything and everything as early as possible.
For me, my love of Young Adult and Teen fiction has always been a huge proportion of the books I read, but ever since I first read Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series (still to my mind the GREATEST three books ever written), I’ve been hooked for life. I enjoy science fiction, horror & fantasy genres particularly, both within books and in film format too! I’m also a big fan of comic books, a pretty dedicated video gamer and a very passionate musician, playing in several bands over the years.
I keep my own blog at www.shinraalpha.wordpress.com,and can also be found on Twitter as @ShinraAlpha, and I’m always ready for questions and queries! I’d like to thank the YaBluewater blog for letting me offload some ramblings and reviews from the North!

Thank you Darren!! I very much look forward to reading your future posts!

See you next post,

Kaylie   :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, write your thoughts down! :-)